Saturday, October 9, 2010

What Is Good Food? An Introduction

What is good food?

Is it little spheres of tastiness from El Bulli? Or mom's homemade apple pie, cooling on the counter? Is it pan fried dumplings from the hole-in-the-wall in Chinatown or backyard barbecue? Is it the burgers from Shake Shack or In-N-Out?

To me, good food is all those things. Who says good food needs to be told to you in a guide? Or from the advice of a seasoned local? Good food can be found in every city, in every town, in any country. I'm not here to tell you what I think is amazing food. I'm here to share with you what I like. And hopefully, you'll like it too.

Before that, though, I thought I'd tell you a little about myself. My name is Anthony. I am, at the time of writing, 22 years young, in college in New York City but I was born and raised in Singapore. And now, I'm eating my way through the world, one delicious, succulent, lip-smacking morsel at a time.

I love food. Food, to me, is not mere sustenance nor is it a vice. It is something to enjoy. If music sounds good to our ears, movies look good to our eyes and puppies feel good to our skin (ok, sort of a stretch) then food is the temple for our nose and mouth.

Okay, enough griping and preaching. You're reading this because you, like me, enjoy food. So I'm going to try and update this blog whenever I can with some suggestions on places to try to eat (mostly in NYC and Singapore but wherever else in between) or things I've had to eat. And hit me up when you have something I should know about/should try.

That's all for now! But watch this space.
Good eatin',
Your Hungry Asian

1 comment:

  1. I can not wait to watch you eat your way through the world. Just so you know, I may have to come along for the ride!

    -the female foodie from four blocks south

    ReplyDelete